Sunday, September 9, 2007

Technology Decision

I mentioned in my post titled Planning - for announcement and launch about a week ago that "We made (mostly) our decision on platform technology." The remaining decision was around user interface technology. Well - we have now nailed this one. We will go with AJAX / PHP.

Note for my non technical readers - this is not Ajax the detergent:)

Stan Santiago will get into the details of all of this when he finally gets to writing his blog. But in short, we wanted to base our decision on open standards, with the largest and most active community, the most developers available and being trained, and which works best with Drupal.

We do have some work left to do. We need to decide which AJAX / PHP toolkit to use. There are lots of choices. There are of course differences in the capabilities provided and their tooling support, but the decision will not be a difficult one. We will make this quickly and move forward.

I am VERY VERY happy with this decision (as I am with our decision to go with Drupal)!!

2 comments:

Craig said...

I can't believe how much you have got done in such a short time. I enjoy reading your blogs and the progress. I am always available (As a business owner) for you to discuss new idea's with.

Craig

Dale Ferrario said...

We need to head up to the lake, make some coffee, and head out for an early morning dad only fishing trip!!